We are dedicated to all our customers, whatever the size or business. For better or for worse...
You can contact our Network Operations Center 24/7 and within 10 minutes you are talking to one of our backbone engineers.
We deliver as soon as possible. If circumstances demand, we deliver within 2 hours if possible.
We understand how critical your connection is. Therefore we built the network with Juniper and Cisco.
You will not experience packetloss or latency within our backbone because we always have redundant bandwidth.
By default you will be connected with a high availability configuration.
Maintenance or outage with one of our upstream providers will not affect your infrastructure. In addition, we offer the possibility to reroute traffic.
Our customers have direct access to our engineers for support on any network related issue.
You receive timely maintenance announcements allowing you to anticipate.
We provide portal access for traffic and billing information. Service Incident Reports are sent out within 24hours.
Ralph has an extensive experience in building and managing large (worldwide) IP Transit networks as a Senior Network Engineer.
"I will not stop until it works"
Having over 15 years experience in ISP and corporate environments Hans knows what customers expect.
"At the speed of light, the first time right"
Besides being a Firewall Yoda and STP fanatic, Edwin is the silent Force behind atom86.
"Just do it!"
Well over 15 years in the internet and telecommunications industry made Nico very knowledgable and customer oriented.
"I will fix it"
With over 15 years of experience in the internet market - KPN, KPNQwest, ebone, bbned, AboveNet - Robert is a seasoned internet professional.
A 24/7 managed internet connection including a Layer3 switch/router placed at the customer.
atom86 is an Akamai NetAlliance Partner so if you are suffering from a DDoS, we can help.
The core of our network consists of two Juniper MX960 3D routers. The Juniper MX960 3D platform has the largest capacity in the industry providing switching and routing capacity at speeds up to 2.6 Terabits per second (Tbit/s). All customer configurations are channeled through these routers enabling us to control the amount of data going to the edges per customer safeguarding the Edge access network devices.
All physical customer connections are delivered on Cisco 6500 Catalyst switches. The switches are redundantly connected over diversely routed Dark Fibers - enabling dual Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) sessions to both core routers for BGP customers. For non-BGP customers, the automatic failover is handled through the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP). This guarantees uptime in case of maintenance or in the event of an outage on part of our backbone.
The Cisco6500 has been introduced in 1999 and has an installed base of more than 800,000 units. It is still one of Cisco's flagship switches.
All locations within our network are redundantly connected with diversely routed Dark Fiber. As a consequence, the customer connection will keep working even if one path is unavailable through maintenance or an unforeseen circumstance. The use of Dark Fibers also gives us the possibility to upgrade capacity using higher capacity optics, ports, CWDM and/or DWDM. Within our backbone an upgrade policy at 50% utilization is in place.
At our Network Operations Center, all routers, switches, backbone links, upstream providers, data flows and customers are monitored 24/7. We use monitoring software from Nagios, Cacti, PRTG and Plixer (Scrutinizer). In case of a critical alert , our engineers are automatically paged and will investigate the issue.
The NOC is also responsible for the follow up of customer tickets that are being emailed via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our looking glass can be found at: lg.atom86.net
The selection of upstream providers for atom86 is based on their track record and proven quality. For us and our customers the most important selection criterium has been and still is: no congestion with peers.
atom86 is a Tier2 IP Transit provider with multiple providers for upstream capacity. Using Tier2s has various benefits for our customers:
• More routes than just one Tier1.
• The shortest and/or more efficient route from a cost and quality stand-point.
• Quality is leading instead of cost savings (hot potato routing).
• Not affected by peering-wars between Tier1s.
• Availibility of alternative paths to a destination.
• Renesys (the authority in global Internet intelligence): “Being single homed is dangerous especially behind a (near) Tier1”.
Below are the locations from where atom86 provides its services:
• Equinix AM1/2, Luttenbergweg 4, 1101 EC Amsterdam - ZO
• euNetworks, Paul van Vlissingenstraat 16, 1096BK Amsterdam
• GlobalSwitch, Johan Huizingalaan 759, 1066 VH Amsterdam
• Interxion AMS1/2, Gyroscoopweg 58-62, 1042 AC Amsterdam
• Interxion AMS3/4, Cessnalaan 1-33, 1119 NJ Schiphol-Rijk
• Interxion AMS5, Tupolevelaan 101, 1119 PA Schiphol-Rijk
• Interxion AMS7, Cessnalaan 50, 1119 NL Schiphol-Rijk
• NIKHEF, Sciencepark 105, 1098 XG Amsterdam
• Schuberg Philis, Boeing Avenue 271, 1119 PD Schiphol-Rijk
• Telecity AMS2, Kuiperbergweg 13, 1011 AE Amsterdam - ZO
• Telecity AMS3, Gyroscoopweg 2E-2F, 1042 AB Amsterdam
• Telecity AMS4, Wenckebachweg 127, 1096 AM Amsterdam
• TDCG, Kabelweg 48a, 1014 BB Amsterdam
• Equinix AM3 is supported via 'inhouse' SingleMode fiber towards the NIKHEF switch.
• SARA is supported via 'inhouse' SingleMode fiber towards the NIKHEF switch.
• Telecity AMS5 is supported via ‘inhouse’ SingleMode fiber towards the Telecity AMS2 switch.